Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Proud Mamma
So there are a lot of things that make me proud of Claire and Grace, but I think I had my proudest moment yet yesterday. Claire had her 2nd week of "big girl" swim lessons, the kind that mom doesn't get in and the teacher makes them struggle to learn to swim. Last week was okay, about how I expected, a lot of tears, but she completed the whole class. I was afraid that might of scarred her, but she was excited to go again yesterday. Then there was me, I could not think of another time in which I had to watch my daughter struggle so hard and me not be able to help her. I just kept the smile glued on my face and told myself it would get easier.
On our way I told her it was okay to be scared, but she didn't need to cry because Miss Debroah (the teacher) wouldn't let anything bad happen and neither would I. I told her I just wanted her to try hard and and have fun and I would be so proud of her. I wouldn't say it was her most favorite experience during the lesson as she still had to really struggle as she learned to swim, but she made it through the whole class with no tears, kept her goggles on the whole time and acgtually was swimming with her "foam" bubble on her back. She also was able to pull herself out of the pool in the deep end. That little girl showed a mental toughness that made me so proud and even made herself proud I think. I know she was trying not only to do what the teacher asked her to which was physically so hard for her, but she also was trying to hold it together emotionally when she was scared. I saw a few quiviring lips, but most importantly a HUGE SMILE at the end of the class when she knew she had made it through and swam "all by myself". Here she is kneeling on the side of the pool as she waits her turn again....Mom is so proud!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment