Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Purple Bird House

When we bought this house almost 7 years ago, part of the package was a homemade bird house hanging in the back tree. We have left it there and many birds have called it home over the years. Mike has always talked about painting it, I said it was just fine how it was and therefore was NOT going to put that on my list of projects to coordinate supplies for, I have enough other things to do. Ever since Grace arrived, Mike and I are very conscious of making sure we both have alone time with Claire and he decided that this weekend they were going to have a date with paint and the birdhouse. After trips to 3 stores he finally found the paint he wanted at a craft store, bought 5 colors only for Claire to determine that it would only be purple. He did all the set up, clean up and even used a shoelace from his beloved track spikes to hang it with. It turned out great....now if he would only get those paintbrushes with purple paint on them out of my fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment