Monday, May 23, 2011
My Pi Phi Girls
Pi Phi for life...that is the "phrase" the national sorority uses as it talks to seniors in college about staying involved in the alum clubs and the benefits of doing so. As someone who still volunteers for Pi Phi and believes that being involved in college prepared me for much of my professional success today, I am the first to admit, that sounds a little hokey and causes many an eyerolls by collegiate members. I am here to tell you it is true though...not in the sense of alum clubs or professional success, but in the sense of the personal support network I still have. Not only my pledge sisters of 40 something in number, but the classes ahead and behind us too. No matter what anyone of us goes through, or how many years (many cases not since college) it has been since we have seen eachother the support is there. We also still know how to have a good time and love to think back and laugh about the not so smart things we did in college, that our kids won't be allowed to do (yeah right). Although some of the girls I am closest with live out of town, my pledge sisters that live in KC attempt to get together every month. Here is a pic of most of us last week. What we really should have had our cameras out for was this past Saturday, I hosted our first ever get together with the kids. My backyard had about 10 moms, and at least 15 kiddos running around having a good time. I am thankful for my Pi Phi girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment