Thursday, April 28, 2011
Swaddle free and scratched up
Well Grace is officially sleeping swaddle free as of her morning nap on Monday. Since that involved some "crying it out" sessions, I decided since she was almost 4 months old (the magic age that our pediatrician says bad habits start)I would also sleep train her at the same time as I really don't like those cry it out sessions and if I can break two habits at once that is what I wanted to do. Happy to report that her "laid back demeanor" has resulted in very few cry it out sessions. She now soothes her self to sleep (sometimes more easily than others), I can put he down awake and she is sleeping from 7pm to 5am with no feedings and is also on a more regular nap schedule...all swaddle free. The only side effect is that she has scratched the heck out of her face...I tried to take a pic, it doesn't do it justice, just trust me there are A LOT of scratches and since this picture she has added a doozy to her nose. I am sure this is not over, babies don't go down this easy, but we are on day 4 and are not going to turn back now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment