Sunday, April 18, 2010
Morgan is our Angel....
This was a really tough week. My good friend from college, Anna and her husband lost their precious little girl after a 8 month battle with Leukemia. Miss Morgan would have turned 2 on May 29th. Although I know Morgan is a much better place an no longer has to fight that horrible disease, my heart aches more than I can describe for Anna. Morgan was an amazing little girl full of spunk and happiness. The last time I saw her was in December and all though in remission at the time she was still being treated for chemo just in case. I visited her and Anna at the hospital and you would not have known she was sick, in fact I noted to myself at the time that Claire who was at the time teething was much whinier than Morgan. She was happy, smiling, and playing games in her nightgown and ugg boots. She showed me her "tubbies" the ports that were coming out of her chest where they administered her meds and chemo. I was only there 30 minutes or so but left feeling so inspired by a little girl who was in the middle of a week long chemo treatment. Not only did Morgan touch my life, but her story gives me perspective. Life is precious and we must appreciate it. She has taught me to have more patience with Claire, she has taught me to focus on what is important in life and not the trivial things. Now on to Anna, nothing other to say she is an amazing woman, mother and wife. Her strength, perspective and reliance on her faith through this all have given me examples to model my life after. If you want to read her story visit http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/Morganknoblock/journal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment