Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lots of Little Thoughts....

I have lots of disjointed thoughts and blogger is not good at formatting, so here they go, good luck following me! Mommy's little helper What a little helper I have. Yesterday I got home while Mike was gone picking up Claire and I decided to take the opportunity to try to quickly get my annuals put in the ground that we bought the day before. The get home, she runs over sits down next to me, picks up the hand rake and starts helping. Tonight we watered all my annuals. On Sunday she was Grandma's helper and dusted and put away silverware! Madi and Taylor Claire has seen Madison and Taylor on a pretty regular basis, and like all other people she knows well, she has started saying their names, at least for a day or so after we see them. Sunday she did spend some time with them, and we were practicing saying "Madi and Taylor" in the car. Sunday came and went, and then yesterday I didn't hear their namese all day until we were saying bedtime prayers. After I got through the list of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, Claire looks at me and says "Madi and Taylor". So cute that she included them in prayers too, obviously they are special to her. Breakfast time When Claire wakes up a bit early before I have eaten breakfast on weekday mornings, I usually give her a few cheerios to nibble on while I eat breakfast, as she eats breakfast with her friends at Kim's house and I don't want to give her two full meals. Well this has been happening more and more and I have started to use this time to practice sitting on a booster chair not strapped in vs. her high chair. This morning was one of those mornings, and I just looked over at her, thought to myself how big she has gotten and more importantly she is feels like my friend, someone I can talk to, be with, and someone who get me. The Mother/Daughter relationship is an amazing one. Blessed to have both my mom and my daughter as best friends! Rain, Rain Go Away This weekend was rather rainy and cold which meant much more inside time and even a bit more TV for Claire. We had an episode of Dora the Explorer on in the background and Dora was singing rain, rain go away with hand gestures. Being very relevant for us, I joined in and helped Claire with the gestures. We really have very little Dora in our house, but after dinner she had some Dora stickers, and our potty seat happens to have Dora on it, and both times she broke out her new song and dance of Rain, Rain Go Away!

No comments:

Post a Comment